test

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

stick that donation on my chop stick

It’s interesting asking for donations.
One manager will be like “I’m so sorry but this is all we can spare, is a gift certificate worth a 100 dollars ok?”

Which, duh…it’s a donation, of course it’s ok. Anything that’s more than nothing is ok.

But then you have places that have you come back three times because first they want a recite and then the recite isn’t good enough and they want a letter (on letterhead, has to be on letterhead) from the manager confirming the request for a donation and when they finally see that…. They give you 10 bucks.
I spent more money in gas driving back and forth getting that damn donation.

Today I picked up my first pay check and we celebrated with Chinese take out. Dylan was real pleased with his pork noodles but my heavenly vegetables were not that spectacular. I mean, they were fine, just bland. Some tofu would have been nice, but they didn't have that.
Why is it that when you say “no meat” most people give you no flavour?

No comments:

Post a Comment