test

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 27 - Why are you doing this 30 day challenge

Uhm, cause I felt like it and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I thought it’d be a way to consistently have something to write about on this blog and I guess it has been.

But today there’s something else on my mind. Guns. And people with guns. A girl I have been working with at the restaurant all fall was shot and killed in her house this morning. It’s still so new and surreal that I don’t know exactly what happened. I just can’t believe it. And while sitting in front of the computer, constantly updating the news website, I see all these other, major shootings that have happened within the last few days and people are talking about Active Shooters and how you can protect yourself from them.

A local news team went around town asking people about this and the general consensus seem to be that if more people carried guns, they could protect themselves better. From people with guns.
Make sense? Not to me, it doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment