test

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

See my halo?

You know, it’s nice. It really is. Liking what you do. And feeling like it matters. Some people dream about getting rich and some people dream about making a difference. And no, I don’t intend to get all mother Theresa on you, don’t worry. I’m not about to rid myself of all my earthly possessions and devote my life to world peace. Heck, I didn’t even go to support the student rally over lunch, I did Pilates instead. And I would not mind a larger pay check, that’s for sure.

I’m just saying that this, what I do at work now, is something that is important to me and something I actually feel is neglected and necessary to the society I live in now. It’s not saving the planet or even saving lives necessarily, but it has the potential to change lives and it has the potential to help.

That doesn’t mean I jump out of bed with a smile on face every morning, but it does make it a little easier to get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment