test

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hang Ups

It’s official, I’m going to Pilates over lunch. You have to make it official, otherwise it doesn’t count. So I put it on the office calendar and mentioned it at the staff meeting. Just to make sure.

I don’t like to back out on stuff. If I don’t know for sure I’m going to do something, I don’t tell people I will. And if I do and for some reason have to change my plans, I almost want to call them up and be like
“you know how I said I was going to leave early to talk to my mom on Skype? Well, turns out she had a dentist appointment so we’re going to talk Sunday instead. Just thought I’d let you know”
Like they’d care.

It’s not like I’m that self centered that I think people actually need to know what I’m doing, it’s just a hang up. I don’t like to have my coffee after breakfast either. Before is fine. Not after. Hang up. I need to double check that the door is locked before going to bed, even if I know I locked it. Hang up. I don’t like to go to bed in an unmade bed, I’ll even make it five minutes before bed time sometimes. Hang up.

I think it’s normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment