test

Friday, February 4, 2011

I will, I will....soon

I’m feeling so good about not going out, or even doing anything remotely fun, on this Friday night that I still haven’t started doing homework. So that’s totally defeating the purpose. My notes are right here next to me on the couch. The word document is open (although minimized) on my computer. Dylan is sleeping in his chair. I’m ready to go. Soon. Ah, procrastination is a bliss.

And speaking of which. When I was in high school I had to catch the bus at 7:25 every morning. I had my alarm set for 6:30 and I never snoozed. Ever. I even remember listening to my friends talking about this alarm clock feature and thinking “God, what a waste of sleep…just get up already” Cause I did. I could, and often times would, be deadly tired… but I still got up on the first ring.

Not any more. I plan my snoozing now. Two five-minutes snoozers each early morning, or I won’t make it up. AND, I realized something else that’s amazing about snoozing: you get a chance to finish your dreams. Seriously, it doesn’t always work, but sometimes… you can drift back into the scenario and tie up some loose ends and find out what happened. This morning it worked. Pretty cool.

Alright fine, homework. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment