test

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ick, sick

I stayed home sick today. Last night I was couching so hard it made my chest hurt. Not just chest, my whole rib cage felt like it was breaking. It was really painful and after doing it for most of the night I felt I would do no good at the office… so I stayed home.

After a hot shower and some serious coughing, midday I was able to produce some greenish guck from my lungs and after that I felt much better. I will go to work tomorrow.

Being home sick is extremely boring. I did some reading for class (boring) some reading for work (boring) and some random surfing around on the internet (only slightly less boring).

When I was little I remember it being a victory getting to stay home from school. Unless I was puking (which I hated more than anything) it was great; I’d get to bring my comforter down to the couch and watch a rented VHS in the living room while drinking coke and blueberry soup with almond crackers.

It’s just not the same when you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment