test

Monday, February 14, 2011

Passion Schmassion

It’s such a romantic day today. Just so full of love and meaningful messages. I woke up this morning to my lover whispering hot words in my ear. Or just breathing heavily in his sleep, drooling a little on my pillow. Same difference, it woke me up all the same.

A little later I got a super sweet and unexpected gift. I really had no idea, took me by total surprise! My boss gave me a gift bag with lotion, lip gloss and stuff. Melted my heart. And made me feel sort of guilty and like I should give her something back. Offered to get her coffee, insisted in fact, but she had an upset stomach so she firmly declined.

But of course, the best gifts are those little love notes from your significant other. Materialistic things are soooo overrated; it has to come from the heart to mean something. Like the Valentine’s text I got from my dearest, it was coming from his heart. He meant every word “Yep, he’s retarded” it said, and I knew it was true.

I can’t believe some people treat Valentine’s Day like it’s just any old day. You have to make it special, meaningful and do things you wouldn’t normally. Otherwise what’s the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment