test

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

don't get too excited

Today I went into the new sushi place on Center St för the first time. Not to eat, although I want to do that too, but to ask for a donation for Take Back the Night. I also sat at a table in the SUB and tried to get people to sign up for Elect Her. That was also a first time for me, sitting at the SUB trying to get students to be active in campus activities. Unfortunately nobody (except for Jessica and Dylan cause I forced them) signed up. Instead, people waited in line for more than 20 minutes to have their kiss prints analyzed by a quacksalver dressed up as an over ripe teeny bopper.

Makes perfect sense, who wouldn’t want to smear on lip stick, kiss a post-it and find out what their inner self is all about?

And I’m not bitter at all. I love humanity. Lip stick for all!

Anyways, what I was getting at (I know you weren’t able to tell..) was that I actually had two ‘firsts’ today, just like that, of the top of my head. That’s not everyday. Not exciting or life changing firsts, by any means, but still.
Some people say that you should try to do something for the first time every day. I don’t think I agree with that, though. It’s like saying ‘Live everyday like it’s your last’ But if everybody did that nobody would work and everybody would just be all drunk and sentimental and the world wouldn’t function.

So I keep it moderately exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment