test

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkeyless Turkey Weekend

Back in Pocatello after a Thanksgiving weekend that was a disappointment in some ways and a pleasant surprise in others.

Disappointing was
-the fact that Dylan’s parents and brother and sister were not able to come down. The weather got in the way and you don’t want to mess with mothers, especially not Mother Nature.
-the lack of turkey on the Thanksgiving dinner table. Well, personally I could obviously not complain, it’s not like I care whether the people next to me eat bird or pig. But the kids were expecting turkey on Turkey Day and were very disappointed. Good thing they have an understanding mother who agreed to cook them one for the next day.
-that I saw nothing on Black Friday that was really unordinary. We went at 8 and it was really not that crazy at all. Like a normal Saturday close to Christmas-ish. The only place where the line was ridiculously long was Bath & Body Works… I was gonna get a chap stick but decided against it.

Pleasantly surprising was
-that we didn’t get in an accident heading out there. Not really, but I was nervous. The weather was bad and people drive like ass wipes.
-more quality time with Dylan’s cousins. The more time I spend with them (which has not been much in the past) the more I really like them. I’m so glad we have them as close as we do.
-that I actually got to go shopping. Knowing Dylan I was not expecting to, but Crystal invited me to go with her and I had a great time and found some good stuff.
-that a lot of the snow melted so the drive back was hassle free.

No comments:

Post a Comment