test

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

shopping and showers

We are going to throw a little holiday/end of semester shindig here in a couple of weeks. And when I say little, I mean little since our place is. But it should be fun still. We’re doing gag gifts and the dress code is either actually nice clothes (boring and safe) or the tackiest holiday sweater you can find. Or Santa I guess, I would not be opposed to somebody dressing up as Santa.

So anyways, today I went thrift store browsing for appropriate gadgets and garments. I didn’t find any horrific x-mas sweaters for myself (I’m thinking either a snowman or reindeer pattern would be nice) but I did find a music playing tie for D and some tacky plates to serve the food on.

I also found some odd wine glasses that I really liked and a gift for the baby shower I’m invited to next weekend. It will be my first shower ever, and not just baby shower, I’ve never been to any shower of any kind before. I’ve been invited to a few but never been able to attend. And then there was supposed to be some kind of wedding shower before my own wedding… not sure what happened with that one actually. All I know is I wasn’t invited.

But hopefully there’s no secret to showering besides showing up with a gift or I’ll make an ass of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment