test

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 2 - the meaning behind my blog name

The meaning behind my blog name. well, let’s see… I’m foreign and I live in Idaho. The blog is about my life in Idaho. Doesn’t get much more straight forward than that.

I have another blog as well, which I have had for quite a bit longer. I started it because I was leaving Sweden (again) and wanted my family and friends over there to be able to stay updated with what I was doing without having to send out mass e-mails. Then Dylan and I went to South America and I switched languages and started blogging in English instead so his family and our American friends could keep track of us as well. Once we came back to the US I switched back to Swedish.

But what I found then was that I missed being able to write about everyday things without having to explain them all the time. Most Swedish people don’t understand stuff like Black Friday, Thanksgiving, March Madness, the GRE, crazy people at Wal Mart and Fox News without a pretty thorough explanation.
So I started this blog and even though I often feel like nobody actually reads it (except for Jean-Pierre) and sometimes feel like it just steels time from my other blog, I enjoy it and intend to keep it alive as long as it entertains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment