test

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th!

4th of July weekend and I won’t be seeing the Cd’A fireworks this year either. My first 4th of July in the US was spent up state New York in a shady bar with pool tables and shuffle board and I was drinking Smirnoff Ice with grenadine. We went to a parade during the day but it was raining pretty much the whole time.
Then there was the one right after we came back from China. We celebrated at John and Diane’s and then drove to Spokane to see their firework show. Dylan was jet lagged and slept through the whole night.
Last year we went camping to Big Fish Lake (I believe it was called) a good time but the closest we came to fireworks was the can of gas on the fire.

Everyone keeps telling me I don’t really want to see the Cd’A show anyways, that it gets too crowded downtown and that it’s not as good as it used to be. I just like watching fireworks and so what if it used to be better, how would I know?

It’s like when I’m cold and D goes “it’s like a million degrees in here, you’re not cold” or when I say I don’t like salmon and he says“but it’s good, sure you like it”
Like argument can change the way you feel about something. Sometimes I really hate logic and arguments. Maybe I just don’t like salmon, I still eat it because people tend to make it a lot when they hear I don’t eat meat. Nobody feeds me as much salmon as my dad and it’s just too late to tell him I don’t like it at this point, and they few times I see him I just suck it up and eat the fish.
And, I really like watching fireworks. I’m way too much of a chicken to ever shoot them off myself, but I truly enjoy a good show.
But camping should be fun too, I really am excited about this weekend. It’s been planned for a long time and it will be good to see people I haven’t seen for a long time again.

And when we come back I might be an aunt again, for the 4th time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment