test

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The fans, the fans! we forgot the fans...

Oh my god, it is so hot in our apartment I want to crawl out of my own skin and go beyond naked. Too bad that’s not an option.

Summer is really here now and since we both had today off me and D went swimming downtown. He always covers himself completely with sunscreen; I bought the spray on kind this year so I won’t have to rub it on his back all the time and then get blamed when there’s a tiny streak I missed. I usually put some on my shoulders, nose and forehead and call it good. Later today we went out to Rathdrum and had a delayed birthday dinner for John, the grandma’s partner, and the whole family commented on my sunburn… acting like I got third degree burns or something when it’s just a little red and doesn’t hurt at all. They’re such a bunch of fair skinned pansies. Except for Darryl, he’s a dark skinned chameleon, could pass for anything from Mexican to Chinese (he has in the past).

But yeah, I work Friday, Saturday so I figured I had to soak up the sun while I got a chance. Now I wish I could soak in a tub of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment