test

Friday, July 16, 2010

I would like to thank the academy...

Another day at the office. Another day to put on top of the stack of days that will go unremembered from my life.

Nothing special about today except for maybe that my co-worker told me that her mom is in prison for driving drunk and killing somebody. The reason (she told me) was that we have a couple of regulars at the restaurant that very often (like 3-5 times a week) drink a butt load and then drive home and that really bothers her. It bothers me too, a Monday not very long ago D was picking me up from work and he actually ended up giving them a ride home because they were just trashed…anyways, tonight they were ordering their eighth Mug Club beer when she told me about her mom.

I already knew though, cause our gossip queen for a boss had already told everyone a long time ago. He’s such an unprofessional, immature douche for a manger…but again, that’s beside the point. My two second dilemma was whether to tell her I already knew or fake a surprise. I faked a surprise. I don’t expect an Oscar anytime soon but I think I pulled it off.

This is the girl who’s only healthy leg I wanted to kick just a few weeks ago. I feel bad for her now, though. Not because of her mom (well, that too but that’s old) but because ever since the girl who stole money from the restaurant (what did I call her? Amanda??) was fired, this new girl has become the new little chicken to pick on in the nest.

Yes, she is annoying when she acts like going to college makes you genius and yes, she is indeed lazy and does as little as she can any time she works… but she now has a group of four catty girls actively keeping her in the cold and that’s just not nice. So I’m trying to give her a break. Not another broken leg, but a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment