test

Monday, July 12, 2010

Directions and me

There is something missing in my head and it’s the part of the brain that handles directions and information about locations and positions of places I need to go. Seriously, people don’t understand how I can be so bad at taking, giving and basically dealing with directions, but I’m not making this shit up, this how bad I am.

Example, I am supposed to drive somewhere (and right there I’m partly screwed because I know that I’m driving to an unknown place and worrying about that takes up more than half of all my mental capacity) and someone tells me:
- Ok, so you’ll go straight on Boekel and then across 95 and then make a right… unless you want to take Lancaster, which would work too….

And then they keep on talking and I listen and I listen but I don’t hear anything but “right, left, intersection, bottom of hill, second right, house on left, stop lights etc” like it’s a nursery rhyme and they might as well be talking about chain saws; I try to understand but there’s a mental block and I just don’t.

I realize that people get frustrated with me and I don’t blame them at all. If I told someone “this is a hand, and this is a foot, here are the knees and right here on top is a head” and they were like
“what? Oh, I’m sorry, you lost me at foot…” I’d probably think they were retarded too and get annoyed.

But if God ever appeared in front of me and said
“Åsa, if you want to survive, you have to make a right by the big tree and then salvation will be on you left in about 3 miles” I’d be dead for sure. I can’t do directions, I just can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment