test

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

looking for future living quarters while healing the liver

Back from an amazingly fun weekend camping up at St Joe’s. The weather wasn’t so amazing, but the Bloody Mary’s were, the game of wiffle ball was, the food, the people, the parade, the fire works, well pretty much the works. Good times. But my liver definitely felt it and tonight I’m not joining D and his cousins at the bar. I’m working tomorrow and I just don’t want to see alcohol for at least a few more days.

We’re looking at apartments in Pocatello, trying to get an idea of what there is, what part of the city we want to live in, how much we’d be willing/able to pay etc. A lot of places don’t allow pets, which sucks. I mean, I knew that was maybe going to be the case when we got Daisy and I told Dylan that if it came down to it, we could give her to his cousin in southern Idaho who has a farm with like four cats already. We haven’t talked about that alternative since we got her though, and I know we won’t be parting ways from our little kitty-girl. I don’t want to and I can tell Dylan definitely doesn’t want to either.

What I do want though is:
-to live on the ground floor (or basement) so it’s easy to let her in and out
-have an open kitchen with a kitchen island or high counter with bar stools, don’t ask me why I just really want that
-to live fairly close to downtown
- laundry on site

What Dylan wants is:
-An entertainment center
-A flat screen tv
-A big bed
-A sweet dinner table
-A new rocking chair
-Our own entrance and preferably no neighbours
-A dishwasher
-A place big enough to hold all this stuff

We might have to go down to Pocatello one more time before moving there to scout out some places. Hopefully we’ll find something that we both like well enough so we don’t have to move again real soon. Six more weeks in Cd’A and then we’ll be packing our bags, it’s getting ridiculous, I feel like all I do is move.

Although, I must admit that even though I swore all I wanted to do now was settle down and nest like a bird, watching the world cup has really made me want to visit Africa. So...my travelling days aren’t over, I never want them to be, but I am still excited to be getting a home base (a little term I picked up from wiffle ball)

No comments:

Post a Comment