test

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a day off -where's my sun?

My one day off this week (except for Sunday which is always off since we’re closed) is almost over. Did I spend it well? Well, considering I’m in Cd’A and the weather was kind of crappy…yeah, I think I spent it ok.

We’re looking to get bikes and downhill skis for Pocatello since we’ll need them for getting around town and are planning on getting ski passes. It’s so funny to me that Dylan has gone skiing once (a few months ago in Sun Valley while we went down to southern Idaho to look at Pocatello and ISU) and now pretty much considers himself to be intermediate. I’m not a very good skier when it comes to downhill skiing either, but that’s the thing… I have been doing it on and off since I was four years old and just because I can make it down the hill half way quickly without breaking any limbs that doesn’t mean I’m good. At least not to me. But we’re just different like that, I guess.

We’re also in the process of filling out an application to rent a place down there. Part of me is really excited about it, the other part still hasn’t landed in Coeur d’Alene yet and has no idea what is going on.

My new little niece is chubby and has dark hair, unlike any of her siblings. She has the upper lip that is the trade mark of my mom’s side of the family though, so we know she wasn’t switched out at the hospital. Hopefully I get to see her before she turns one… that would be nice. My sister has four kids and in six years I have attended one baptism and one Christmas. Not a single birthday. I’m a very absent type of aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment