test

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 19 -Nicknames I have and why

For the longest time I didn’t have any. I remember wanting one, but with a three letter first name and a last name so similar to a guy in my class who was already called “Burre” I was out of luck. Not until high school, through a play on words/misunderstanding, did I end up with “oosty” based on nothing but a coincidence. That evolved into “oostylainen” and often just “oost” or “lainen.” Years later did I find out that lainen is Finish for “small person” but that is (also) just a coincidence.

In college some people called me Os, which is funny now since add an “a” and that is what people here in the US call me.

When I had my hernia the girl’s I worked with at the restaurant called me “druvan” which means the grape. Because the hernia made it look like I had a grape under my t-shirt.

This summer I had a boss who called me Asiago cheese.

My parents and the rest of family have never called me anything but Åsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment