test

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Austin’s show turned out good

Good:
It was a lot of fun, not just me, Dylan and Austin, but I think almost everyone one that showed up had a great time.
He sold some t-shirts, a $125 print and some hats.
The bands playing (for free) put on quite the show and attracted some people as well.
Most people (some after a lot of encouragement) actually put some money in the donation jar.

Not as good:
He didn’t sell (or was donated) enough to break even, or come close to it.
We had some very questionable 21 year olds downing drinks.
Not all people having a great time, rocking out for hours, had any idea they were actually attending an art show thrown by Austin Stiegemeier.

I had at least five conversations during the night that went a lot like this:

Me: good show, huh?
Person: Yeah, man! This is awesome!
Me: So, are you friends with Austin then?
Person: No dude, I’m with the band! I’m like, really with the band, I’ll introduce you if you want?
Me: cool… that alright, though. So you don’t know Austin?
Person: No man, who the hell is Austin?
Me: well, it’s that guy over there… and this is his show.

But Austin did seem pleased with the over all turn out and that’s what matters. Bottom line: it was a great show, a great party and people left happy.

Other than that, Memorial day weekend was a rainy one, they say that’s normal, I wouldn’t really know. I’m very glad Darryl decided to rent a house though, because camping would have been one wet adventure. We ended up spending most of the weekend in Birch Bay playing board games, watching VHS cassettes from the mid 80’s and drinking wine. It was a good time. I remember being excited as a child, every time my mom or dad would leave for a couple of days. There was something special about being able to spend time with just one parent; they would always let us eat extra good food, get dessert and rent movies and stay up later than usual. This weekend reminded me of that, quality time with papa Darryl is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment