test

Sunday, June 20, 2010

fathers- here and there

Father’s day in America is coming to an end. I think we spent it well, though. After Julie and Morgan’s wedding last night we got a kind of slow start, but then we took Darryl to a BBQ cook out and got stuff to make shish kebabs for dinner at their house. We rounded off with a game of Boulderdash (which I won) and then me and D headed back to our hyper cat who had been left alone for most of the day. I don’t think it’s hard or bad for her to be alone for a whole day now or then, pretty sure she just sleeps the entire time we’re gone, but then she gets so damn hyper when we come back.

And the wedding yesterday was fun indeed, weddings tend to be a good time though so no real chock there. The Huckelberry Lush that was our contribution to the potluck was popular and went fast. After the reception was over a lot of us went out on the town and I decided I am old for both the Beacon and the Icon; guess my fist pumping, ass shaking, screaming into people’s ears cause the music is too loud days are over.

Finally, I’m kind of having a hard time finding the rights word for this, my grandfather is dying. He has been for a while, but now it’s very close to the end and for all I know, it may already be over. After 87 healthy years, my dad says he seems at peace with the situation at 89 and is pretty calm, which is good to hear. But yeah… old people die, it’s how it goes, but it’s still sad. And I will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment