test

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

coffee

This morning I had Starbucks coffee. It is really good stuff. Expensive, no doubt about it, but every once in a while… and the fact that it is so pricy almost makes it taste even better. This whole drinking free espresso drinks at work thing is not good for my coffee pallet, I can tell. I’m getting picky and spoiled. When we get to Pocatello I have to get a coffee maker, no an espresso machine or anything, just a regular coffee maker. Right now I just drink the instant stuff here in the attic and it is no good, no good at all.

I like trying the different syrup flavours too, figure I might as well figure out which ones are good when I don’t have to pay for them. So far my favourites are chocolate and coconut, mixed. Hazelnut, vanilla, Irish cream and peppermint are good too, but I already knew that. Kahlua and English Toffee are tasty, Caramel and white chocolate way too sweet.
Almond and amaretto are disgusting, but somehow still fairly popular with our guests.
People who put fruity flavours in their coffee are just plain strange, I don’t know why you would do that. Then I don’t know why you would get an Italian soda either, those things are so gross, I feel bad charging people for them and always expect them to come back and tell me “I want my money back, I didn’t realize I was paying for water with sugar and whipped cream in it” and if they did I would give it back to them, but they never do.

At Moondollars we also offer decaf for people who want the flavour but not the effect and white coffee for people who want the effect but not the flavour. Maybe they should just have a steamer or a red bull instead (it would be way cheaper) I always think, but whatever…

1 comment:

  1. Starbucks is expensive, I agree, but at least the US prices are somewhat ok....the only Starbucks in Sweden (in Arlanda airport) charges around 6 dollars for a tall cafe mocha or latte (50 SEK)! Completely insane...

    ReplyDelete