test

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stranger (no) Danger

Just a moment ago when I was walking home from my night class there was a guy walking behind me almost the entire time. I couldn’t decide whether to speed up to create some distance or slow down so he would pass me. I ended up doing neither and he was at a constant 10 steps behind me for a good half mile. It was really more awkward than scary. I reminded myself of how exaggerated the whole ‘stranger danger’ thing is and that ISU is a fairly safe campus. That is what I tell the freshmen during our presentations so I mean, I have to live as I learn, right?

Anyways, I wonder if he thought it was a little weird too? Like he really
wanted to either pass or have a greater distance as well, but he didn’t have time to sag behind and would have had to really speed walk to pass….

Either way, at 10th street our paths were separated and that’s the end of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment