test

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Last time

I will never again discuss Swedish hair colour. Ever. I’m done, yesterday’s attempt by a co-worker made it clear to me that my patience has indeed run out. All I can master now is a bleak smile and silence as I bite the inside of my cheeks.

Not that I ever really discussed it, but I used to be half way polite and offer some feedback to people who thought it was fun to point out the obvious. Yes, blond hair is more common in Sweden than in the US. But I don’t have blond hair, no. You’re correct, your eyes are not deceiving you. I am not blond but I am still Swedish. Yes. I’m glad we figured that out so I can sleep tonight. Now, why don’t you ask me if I have ever tried Swedish pancakes or talk about your trip to Germany ten years ago.

Or better yet. Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment