test

Friday, August 26, 2011

TGIF

First week of school is almost over. The thing about not having class on Fridays is that there’s no “hey, what’s everyone doing this weekend…?” at the end of class. Although since half my program seems to be recruited from a Bible school, I don’t know that it would make much of a difference anyways.

I was manning the Gender Center table at the Quad Party last night and let’s just say that when I spotted my religious class mates in the crowd, I did not wave them over to see if they’d bet interested in some free condoms.

During class on Monday we were going over this poem, and I don’t claim to get poetry, I don’t even claim to belong in this class since most the terminology is over my head and I feel like the Thai kid in the Swedish 8th grade class I was teaching a few years ago. Anyways, total side track, so we’re going over this poem and even though I don’t get much, I get that this is about a hooker. I mean, it was pretty obvious. But so this Bible dude is like
“yeah, it has so many different and interesting levels to it, where one can only guess what he means… like this about laying in bed during the day, why would anyone do that…? Who knows what he really means by that….bla bla”
And me and some of the others are looking at each other like, is he serious right now?
Finally the professor has to tell him the poem is about a working girl, but I don’t even think he believed him.

Oh, lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment