test

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So my mom asked my niece, who just started the first grade, what she learned in school.
“Well Grandma” she said, “it’s only been two days so not very much”
They had gone over some letters, all of which she already knew. And written their names, a skill she also already masters. So overall, school was not very exciting.

I’ve spend three days in school so far, and even though I wouldn’t say I’ve been overloaded with new information (just overloaded by the sheer amount of coursework) I have learned a few new things. Like the fact that the US doesn’t have an official language. And the fact that grammar is really only syntax, not phonology, semantics and the all the other aspects of linguistic studies we often refer to as grammar.

That’s how interesting I am for the moment. Ask Adam, he just came over and decided it was more fun to sit on the porch and wait for Nate than to hang out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment