test

Friday, March 16, 2012

Scary cat

Daisy used to be such an outside cat. When we lived on Hayes Avenue we’d let her out and not see her for a day or two.
She was always wanting to be outside.
And I used to think that people who had inside cats were kinda mean and that all cats obviously wanted to be outside.
But now, god she’s such a wuss.
On Center street we’d kick her out, not let her out, but kick her out, and she’d sit by the window an meow and whine and finally be let back in.
And now, at the new place she’s even worse.
Yesterday when I came back from work I took her with me and sat out on the front steps for like ten minutes to show her that the outside is cool and fun, and she should play there.
She freaked out and was scratching the door and meowing like crazy. Two seemingly intoxicated men walked by (Aid for Friends is just up the street) and the one looked at me, and then zoomed in on Daisy going ape shit on the door, then looked at me again and said
“seems like that kitty of yours might wanna go inside there…”
and he was right of course.
So we went inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment