test

Thursday, March 8, 2012

fel blogg

Had the privilege to meet and sit down with such an intelligent person today. Doesn’t happen every day.
And if you’ve seen my facebook status today, then yes, it’s the same person.
(I love that I’m explaining this like people follow me….”oh, yes that is in fact a reference to my twitter update, not to be confused with my facebook post, so sorry to have you read the same thing twice…” right. just like that)
I didn’t post that on facebook because I had to for work though. I like to make that clear to all my non-readers. And I’m not writing this because Simon said she’d read my blog. She even said she’d follow it. Follow…..and then she never asked for the address.
Like, “I’m not just gonna ask you out I’m gonna seriously date you for years”
and then not ask for the phone number.

Anyways, she’s forgiven. Because she said things that made more sense that anything I’ve heard in a long time. I felt like the logic slots in my brain were shaped like octagons and most people keep feeding me circles and rectangles and hexagons and whatever (seriously, this makes sense in my head so if you don’t like the analogy….oh, well) and it kind of works but her words just slid right into place without friction. Without questions.
She talked about anarchism, activism, religion and other stuff I normally have a really hard time understanding and identifying with.
But she made it made sense.
Octagons.
It was really cool.
I don’t doubt that she’s super smart. That’s why I went with intelligent when I first described her. But I feel like there’s a better word. Or like I need more words.
Tomorrow I get to go listen to her for two hours.
I am very excited.
Octagons.

No comments:

Post a Comment