test

Friday, January 6, 2012

Who's stressing?

So, turns out she does not have fleas, our little stinker, it’s just feline acne. Basically the cat has zits… which is kind of funny, and now that’s what we’re treating her for. According to some sources, stress can trigger this condition and as hard as it is to believe that a cat who sleeps all day and wakes up only to eat, shit and wrestle my socks and bras could get stressed…. Well, I guess staying with grandma Stiggy’s dockson Buster and Kayla’s pit-bull Martin might have added some disruption from her normal everyday life with Shooter who really doesn’t mind her unless she really goes out of her way to tickle his instincts and provoke him.
But now that we’re back in her familiar environment and padding her shaved chin twice daily with anti-acne treatment, hopefully it will get better.

Side note: last night before (I was) going to bed…
Me: So you’re all set for tomorrow? The appointment is at 11:15, the phone number to the animal hospital is by my laptop and the directions are right there on the screen when you turn it on… got it? It’s at Hawthorne Animal Hospital… you know, the one by Home Depot?
D: yeah…. yeah.
Me: Ok….cause you know I’ll be in a conference call in the library basement so I won’t be able to answer the phone….
D: I got it… it’s fine.

And it was totally fine. I mean, he only got the time wrong (it’s at 11:30, right??) and couldn’t find the car keys in his pant pockets and then finally went to the wrong animal hospital (it’s not at Alpine? It’s kind of close to the Home Depot…) So I had to invent an (actual) emergency and leave my conference to first speak calmly and apologetic to the vet’s assistant who was calling to ask why we were missing our appointment and then snap at my husband for giving me a mini-heart attack every time I trust him with an appointment I set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment