test

Monday, December 12, 2011

Good News

When I’m done here, getting my third college degree, if I want…. If I really want, I can get my job at Ruby Tuesday back!

I'm not even kidding, we went there to dinner with the Swedish girls last night and the manager told me, straight to my guacamole-filled face, that he would hire me back on the spot if I wanted it.
That’s such great news, cause I really miss that place. Ever since I left I don’t feel like people truly listen to me when I list salad dressings or lemonade flavours. Nobody cares to yell at me when their steak is too rare or too done or too steaky.
I don’t get to tell people where to sit anymore.
Last night we were sitting at table 31 and behind us, at table 32, was a family with kids. When they were done their server was crawling around under the table, scarping up crayons and pieces of Goldfish crackers from the carpet, and I was just looking at her thinking “that used to be me…”

And now I know that I can be me again. If I really want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment