test

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Coffee

Sometimes I down you like a child does gross cough syrup, just to do it. Get it down. Sometimes I spend $5 and get you in fancy paper cup with fluffy soy milk and enough sugary goop to satisfy an umpa lumpa. Sometimes I just add my favorite creamer and make a point out of using a mug I love and heat my hands on it and blow gently on you before each sip. I often nuke you in the microwave cause I hate it when you get all luke warm.

I remember being little, dad’s coffee smelled so good… and when he stuck his entire cinnamon roll in the mug and then squeezed it into his mouth like a saggy sponge, quickly before it disintegrated, I wanted to do it too. Only what smelled so good tasted so bad. I gaged. A great way to ruin a great snack. Mom didn’t even let me have another roll, I had to throw it away and that taught me to stay away from coffee for a long time to come; just enjoy the smell and keep your goodies out of it.
Somewhere in college coffee came on the radar again. Other people drank it. Not to accompany their cinnamon rolls but to stay awake. And I tried some, sweet stuff, mostly sugar and chocolate. It was good. Felt good.

You know that super old Jim Carrey skit from SNL….you,me,you,me,you,me? That’s how I feel about coffee sometimes. You and me, cutie cup… let’s get it on.

Random side note; I also love the smell of bacon. Not even when I ate meat did I like to eat bacon. But I love the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment