test

Friday, April 13, 2012

Pins & Links

I quit pintrest. I never really started it. I just recived a request and joined and then I didn’t really do anything else with it. But everyday I’d get like three e-mails informing me that everyone I’ve ever known and their grandmothers were “now following me on Pintrest”
Which is bizarre since there was nothing to follow.
So yesterday I finally called it good and closed my account.

I’m tempted to do the same with Linkedin since it works very much in the same way for me. I don’t do anything with my profile, mostly ignore requests and get stressed by all the e-mails and updates I just delete without reading.
But if you’re not linked in, you might be linked out. And there’s something about that that just makes me queasy.
Plus I read an article the other day that listed Linkedin as one of the most important social networks for a successful career. So, in my mind that means just having an account, even though it’s as inactive as a stuffed sloth, is better for my career not having one at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment