test

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I just Wal-Marted

I go to Wal-Mart every once in a while. Not often. Not rarely. I like going by myself, with all the time in the world to browse the hair care aisle and make up aisle and, if I happen to feel like it, spend 15 minutes looking at multivitamins and band aids I have no intention whatsoever of buying.
I can’t do that when Dylan is with me, he doesn’t get window shopping for supplies you don’t need at all.

Most of the time though, I’m in and out within the half hour. But today, tonight, after dinner I went out there and spent almost 2 hours smelling candles, shopping for a new mascara and picking out birthday presents for my niece and nephews.
Dylan was sleeping. He’s been sleeping most of today.
So I grabbed my Swedish bank card (makes me feel like I’m getting even lower prices since the currency exchange rate works in my favour) and went to town. Literally, because Wal-Mart is in Chubbuck, not Pocatello.

Sunday nights at Wal-Mart are pretty slow. But I did see a real tweaker for the first time. He was picking out shampoo while I was comparing straightening lotions (a product I have yet to even try) and then he was in front of me in the check-out line. He was skinny as a lizard. Had bulging eyes with swollen, purple bags under them and bought a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper. And he was tweaking. So much so I finally understood the meaning of the verb.

When I came home the smallish size healthy batch of rice crispy treats I made had set and I ate the whole thing save for one piece.
Pretty sure that’s the point of making a healthy version of a treat, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment