test

Thursday, August 26, 2010

muffins and cats

I finally made those muffins today that I’ve been talking about ever since I registered for a muffin pan at Target last summer. Excited as I was, I went all out right away; blueberry, flaxseed, whole wheat and raisins. They would have turned out good too, I really think, had I known that there is a difference between baking soda and baking powder.

Now, take a moment before you call me an idiot, after I translated both these ingredients to Swedish (and wished I had done that before popping the pan in the oven) I realized what they were and that what I thought was baking powder was in fact baking soda. Oh well, my muffins turned out a little flat and sad looking, but tasted good still. Dylan ate two, and not to make me feel better either, before I had even told him they we defect.

I also brought some over to our neighbour lady, I can’t remember her name ever, but she’s like an old artist type hippie who has a about a million cats running around and at least one dog who howls like a siren most days. She says he’s grieving the loss of a friend. Anyways, she told me today that the man living behind us, across the alley, sometimes catches cats and kills them. That kind of scared me, but as she continued her story, telling me that he did it one time when she was foster caring for 15 something stray cats…most of which would not come close to humans or be friendly in any way…I kind of felt like he would probably tell the story differently. Either way, she is a nice lady and our Daisy spends most of her time outside in her yard since she has all her friends there. But she is definitely a crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment