test

Monday, August 30, 2010

D has a B-day

Dylan’s birthday is coming up and I’m trying to think of what to do about that. Not much I can do about it, but a lot I could do for it. I’m going to bake a cake, I already told him I would, and I will. We have a kitchen, we have a pan, I have no excuse not to.
Then I feel like I should get him a present too. Nothing too big or fancy, with all the new stuff we had to buy while setting the new apartment up, and with me not having a job yet, it’s not exactly in our budget to go crazy with the b-day gifts. But our neighbour just flashed his new money clip/card holder the other day, showing it off like it was the coolest invention since the locomotive, and Dylan acted like it was too. He hates carrying his wallet and always just has loose coins, cards and bills in his pockets. So for now that’s what I’m thinking I’ll get him, and maybe a new shirt or something.

The whole getting each other presents thing went downhill pretty fast for us. The first year we were dating Dylan got me a head lamp, rain gear and other stuff that made me feel like he was getting me equipped to be his girlfriend. For my 26th I got a pineapple (but we were in Thailand and he did propose later that night) and it’s not like I’ve been getting him diamonds and sports cars either. And now that we have a joined account I know I can’t spend too much on his present even if I wanted to, because he’d know and think it was stupid to spend that much on a gift.

So, money clip and a shirt or two from the thrift store, how does that sound? It sounds very likely to me. Oh, and a cake, can’t forget about the cake. Maybe I should get candles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment