test

Saturday, February 11, 2012

And drugs still don't work

I don’t remember which we got first, the video player or MTV as a tv-channel. But I do remember that for a long time we only had three vhs-tapes and on the one that was my sister’s were three music videos.
Shiny happy people with R.E.M, a song called Scent of a woman (although I though they sung Santa Madonna) by two greasy Italian looking dudes and Everything I do (I do it for you) with Bryan Adams.

They were all pretty good. I watched them over and over. My sister really like Bryan Adams. I thought he kinda had gross looking skin. Like an adult with acne. But I said I like him too. I didn’t really know what was out there, and I don’t remember wondering much either. I had three music videos to watch and for a long time that satisfied my need for pop-culture.

Kids these days will never know what it was like to rewind a vhs-tape or sit glued to MTV hoping your favorite video would play. There is no excitement and patience involved now that everything is just a smart phone button click away.

And my point?
I don’t have one. I just heard that Whitney Huston has passed and that made me think of the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment