test

Friday, May 21, 2010

Back in black

Because white ink is supposed to be the most tiring on the eyes to read.

Soooo, I was going to switch back to blogging in Swedish now that I officially live in the US and people I know here, most all of them anyway, can just knock on the door or give me a call if they want to know what’s new. But somehow there’s a need for this blog (personal, all personal) and this, I think, is why; when we were travelling we were always visiting new places and everything worth writing about was new, different and had to be explained in a way that made it irrelevant for me whether I was blogging in Swedish or English. The problem now is that there are so many things in my everyday life that would require too much explanation to be comprehensive to a Swedish person unfamiliar with Idaho and the US. Some things, and at some times, I really enjoy explaining, but the language barrier is a hard barrier to cross. You may get your point across, but it normally ends up having stains on the knees and shoulders, making an impression not quite like the one you intended. So, I’m going to try this and see how it feels. Bear with me….

Tomorrow is Chad Warren’s wedding. I just finished a pretty brutal week at work, I’ve been closing four days in a row and today I was just half an hour shy of spending twelve hours at that damn restaurant. D is at Chad’s bachelor’s party out at the Lighting Bar in Twin Lakes (explain that place in Swedish if you will… dirt on the knees, dirt on the knees) and I’m truly enjoying my lonesomeness, a glass of red wine, the internet and not standing on my feet asking people what they want to eat and drink. The wedding should be fun though, I’m excited. Only I bought a halter neck dress and strappy, open toe shoes to wear. It’s freezing balls right now and looks like it’s going to be tomorrow too, so I’ll just stuff the van full of extra clothes and wear layers if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment