test

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Any day you wake up in a car can just get better from there

Back home in the attic. We spent last night in Ester since Chad and Luann’s wedding was out in the woods, like an hour outside of town and drinking and driving is something I really don’t like.
It was a cute wedding, very Chad. I don’t know him that well but that’s what people were saying and I believe them. A live band, bonfire, some kegs and food and a good time with nice people. The night presented Dylan with a lot of people he hadn’t seen in a long time and a lot of catching up on old times. I was pretty much just presented, but there were some people there I knew from before and that was nice.

People from Idaho are generally convinced that Idaho is the best place in the world to live. If you want them to like you, complement them on their trees and lakes and you’re in. That is as long as you’re not a rich Californian buying property on the lake, in which case you’ll be hated forever.
And Idaho is nice, don’t get me wrong I like it here, it’s just funny to me that people act like they moved half way round the world when they live in Seattle or Boise or Montana and don’t get to come home as often as they would like and they’re just sooo far away from friends and family. Yeah…it’s hard to sympathize. If you can drive home in less than a day, you don’t live that far away.

My homesickness comes and goes and rarely gets very bad. I’m really glad we’re done travelling for a while now and Coeur d’Alene is an amazing place to spend the summer. But sometimes, like last night, I wish I would run into someone from high school or that knew my parents or played with my sister when they were kids or… you know, stuff that makes you feel like you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment