test

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunny days and dark rooms

It was almost snowing this morning when I rode my bike to campus. Because I’m having problems focusing my topic for a research paper due scary soon, I spent an hour before work in the library doing research. I don’t know how much it helped my paper, but it did sooth my guilty conscience, made me feel a little ambitious. When I left the library and headed to the office, the sun was shining and the Pocatello backdrop was as gorgeous as only snowy mountains and sunshine can be. That backdrop alone makes me think I really need to get a camera.

Last night when looking for my carry on suitcase that I promised Tiffany she could borrow over break, I found a whole room I didn’t even know existed. Our house is a huge beast of a monster building. In that part of monster belly, previously unvisited, I found our spare tires (other people clearly knew about it) our x-mas decorations, AND the winter coat I’ve been looking for like mad. Until I gave up and bought a new one, two weeks ago, that is. So now I have two winter coats, x-mas stuff to throw on the walls in a couple of weeks and an even stronger sense of that there could be a whole family of fugitives living in our house that we don’t even know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment