test

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fire & Ice

So it’s been all warm and sunny and nice lately, right? Well of course it starts snowing like winter freaking wonder land last night and this year’s half marathon was a cold and slippery one.
They did have a fire up at the top though, so that was nice… racers could huddle up and stay warm as we waited for the last bus to try to make it up the hill. But, as I’m standing there, good distance from the fire, this group of jerks pushes themselves in the crowd and I get moved a good two feet closer to the flames. At first it felt fine, but pretty soon I could feel the back of my running tights starting to melt and I tried to squeeze in between the jerks and get away from the fire but they wouldn’t let me in (cause they didn’t even see me) and when I finally made it out of the fire huddle, I realized my hair had caught on fire!
No joke.
My tights were fine, chunks of my hair was falling out. You know how burnt hair smells? Not good. That’s the smell I had in my nose for the entire half marathon. While my toes and fingers were getting frost bites.
And now I really need to get a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment