test

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

this is home

I was a little worried showing my mom my tattoo. Funny since I kind of made it for her. The paradox, right…get a tattoo as a tribute to a person who hates them. Well, my inked brother has surely softened her. Or worn her down. She asked to see mine. I showed it to her. And she said it was nice. It even sounded like she meant it. And I was surprised how relieved and happy that made me.

Being home. It’s something else. We go swimming every morning. Me and mom. All this catching up. There’s so much to talk about. Not just me and her of course.
Last night we went out to a pretty cool dinner with my brother and his girlfriend. Black Rock Grill is what they call it. You pick your meat, I got the tuna, and then each person gets a little stone plate that’s 400 something degrees Celsius. And then you cut pieces of your slab of meat and cook it on the hot stone. And there’s potatoes and onions and bell peppers and mushrooms, breads and all different kinds of dipping sauces. A different and fun way to eat. I really liked it.

Then we went back to my brother’s apartment for coffee and dessert. Sitting around a coffee table with my family, it’s been so long. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment