test

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Call me, I won't be answering

Tonight I have to go to Crisis Line Training again. I feel bad that I think it’s so boring. I can see the point of me going through the training and all, but I will never be answering the Crisis Line. It’s just not for me. Does that mean I don’t care about people and don’t want to help those in need?

Maybe.

Or… Or it means that I don’t think I’m a good fit for that particular way of helping. If I call 911 I want somebody well suited to be a 911 operator to answer my call. Not somebody like me. I’m not somebody to lean on; I’m more of a leaner.
And I can just see myself walking onto a scene of domestic violence as a support advocate… poor, abused victim is going to take one look at me and be like
“what are you, twelve? I need some help here!”

Yeah, it’s not for me. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment