test

Friday, March 11, 2011

At lunch today...

-So what all here is vegetarian?
-Oh, it all is. Well...I guess the chili isn't...but the rest is!
-Ok! so what's this?
-That's beef stew.
-Right...

Also not impressive was the lunch speaker. She went on and on about about offensive pop lyrics about women and all I could think was "I've heard this before. So many times, in so many forms....Somebody please tell me something new already!"

But there has also been some real strong speakers today. I've learned a lot about drag and that culture. Truly fascinating. And then right before we broke for dinner was a girl presenting a paper on rape, her own rape. She had a real hard time not crying and it was real emotional just listening to her.

And now we have another 45 minutes before the key note speaker. I hope we get a good turn out and I hope she is as good as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment