test

Friday, June 22, 2012

More than naked

The very first night I ever spent in Idaho, was at the Royal Motor Inn, in Moscow. There were four of us Swedes and the girls from Växsjö doubled up in one room. When me and Anders, from Luleå, wanted to do the same, the lady at the front desk didn’t want to let us at first.
Like we were going to get freaky in there and somehow it would be her fault. But we didn’t want to spend the extra money and argued with her, Anders assuring he had a girlfriend back home and we would not do anything the two girls wouldn’t do. I don’t think that last argument what was sealed the deal, Swedes having the reputation that we do, but she finally gave in and gave us a room.
Moscow in August was hot as hell and the AC unit at the Inn left a lot to wish for. As we lay on top of our beds, trying to fall asleep, trying to pretend we weren’t being baked alive, Anders said, straight into the dark:
-This is unbearable, I wish I could get more than naked.

Ever since then, whenever I get really uncomfortably hot, I think of that night and that comment.
More than naked. Yeah, that would be nice.
We have two fans going full force right now, windows wide open and our apartment is still hot as an oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment