test

Thursday, June 14, 2012

family


Exactly 2 weeks from today my parents will be here. Mamma och pappa. Can’t wait. Being away from family sucks. I wish I could go home instead.
I wish I could see everyone.
I wish I could sit next to my brother with our feet in the river in the city park and eat ice cream and laugh about things only we find funny.
I wish I could drink rose wine with Erika in Stockholm. Not this year.
But I get to show my parents Yellowstone. I get to show them where I work and where I live and go to school. I get to show them what is my life now.
And that’ll be good too.
I get to have them for almost an entire month. They are so nervous about the flight, it’s cute. I keep telling them it’ll be ok. Even if you try, even if you try really really hard, they won’t let you on the wrong plane. They’ll end up in Salt Lake. Guaranteed. But they are still all anxious and worried. My little parents. I can’t wait to have them here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment