test

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Buddha in da house

I never read self help books like that Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and whenever I hear advice on how to find inner peace, stress less, be a better person etc etc. I just scoff and let it go in one ear and out the other. But a while back I overheard something that has really stuck.
Someone said
“whenever I feel overwhelmed, like it’s just all too much and I can’t cope, I look up at the sky and remember how big the world is and how small I am”

Not blown away?
I wasn’t either. Never thought I’d remember it, let alone try it, but I did. And I did. And it helps.

My midterm and my presentation and the fact that our speaker for the biggest event this fall is flaking out on us three days before he’s supposed to come to Pocatello… it won’t change the universe one bit. It feels so big but it’s really so small. And most things are when put into perspective.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go cross my legs and chant oohmmmmm for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment