test

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Welcome to the building

I go home to grab lunch. Run into a girl outside my house. About to enter, so she clearly lives there.
I say:
-Hi! it's nice to see you again, and I'm sorry if I was kind of short with you when we first met...
- We've never met....

But I'm sure we have, so I go on to tell that I'm sure we have. She knocked on my door to let me know the cat wanted in and I was about to get in the shower and thought it was Dylan who forgot his keys so I opened, wrapped in a towel, with an angry "What!?!" in her face. Surely she would remember...?
- That was not me... but probably my roommate.

She has a roommate? You mean to tell me there's two of you up there?!? That apartment is tiny. We could hardly stand it.
I tell her.

(So to sum up, at this point I've insulted her apartment, told her I can't remember her roommate's face and sort of let on that I may not be a very friendly neighbor when you ring my doorbell)

To change the topic of conversation I ask her if she met any of the other neighbors yet. She says no. I tell her that right here (point at the door) lives an old gentleman who is really nice. Really. He's nice. Do I know his name? Nope. Anyways. Across from your apartment lives a Chinese guy, I say. And just as I say this, he walks up.
- Oh, here he is! Hey, this is.... (the hand gestures you do for introductions)...euhm...You guys are neighbors!

 They shake hands and exchange first name information.
(At this point, new girl knows I don't know anybody's' names. China (he has a name, it's Sadik...dammit why is that so hard for me to learn?) must think I'm a jerk for not knowing his name)

She says "Ni hao"
He says something back.
I leave them to it and go inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment