test

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Riding my bike down memory lane

I am a wonder of non-productivity. I got my bike out of the laundry room. Read the rest of the papers for work. Barely. And it’s 6 pm. What is this, Vegas? I need to get something done this weekend.

Getting the bike out after winter used to be the surest sign of spring. When we were kids we were always allowed to get our bikes out after Easter break. Every year. It didn’t matter if Easter fell early or late or how much snow was left on the ground. Some years the streets had been clear for weeks and others we’d slide around in snow and slush. I remember leaving a birthday party one year and so much snow had fallen during the party that I had to walk my bike home through piles and piles of snow.

The After Easter Rule made absolutely no sense but we never questioned it.

The power of parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment