test

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Embarrassing, really

The only good news is that we live really close to the recycling station and can take our stuff there without much hassle.
But the bad news is that I sincerely doubt anyone else in our apartment complex does it. And that the city won't give us a recycling bin with the argument that "we can't force anyone to recycle".
Like the blue bin would come alive and attack people if they threw their cans and empty cartons in the regular dumpster (which would be totally awesome, but they have yet to invent bins with this feature).
I don't see how I am currently forced to throw my garbage in the big dumpster right outside, either.
I feel totally free to haul it off someplace else if I felt like it. But I don't, since it's way easier to just toss it right here. And if we had the option to recycle right here too.... yeah, I think a few more people would.
But the city disagrees and I have less than a little faith in the manager here who acted like we asked her for a golden jacuzzi complete with seahorses when we asked about recycling on the property.  
It is so stupid.
And embarrassing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment