test

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yeah... yoga pants

We walked to the library this morning, got there a little early and stood outside waiting for it to open. A small crowd had formed before the doors were finally unlocked and I was observing this group of people. Most were dressed, more or less, like me and D; sweats, sneakers, hoodies… dressed like a Sunday calls for.
But this one lady, she had her skinny jeans on, heels, a nice top and a professional looking shoulder bag. Her hair was done too.


Last weekend I was at TJ Maxx and noticed there as well, that a lot of women go out to do their weekend errands in high heels and cute outfits. Or, you know, outfits that are supposed to be cute… or were at some point, or would be on a different person..
(I’m evil, I know -but I do like puppies…)

Anyways, this just sorta baffles me.
I don’t understand dressing up when you don’t have to.
And sure, sure, I try to look somewhat put together too even if there’s not an official dress code.
I don’t go to work in sweatpants and I don’t wear my pajamas to the grocery store.
But I would never wear jeans on a mellow Sunday at home, or heels to go shopping.

That would just be weird. And uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment