test

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

Almost all packed. Cleaned the place up a little bit, just enough so I won’t have to come back to a complete dump. Went through the fridge and threw out some stuff I shout have thrown out a while ago. A little worried that I didn’t get a confirmation for my shuttle reservation. I called and asked about it. The lady said it was ok, that I just had to tell the driver my name, but that fine, she’d send me a new e-mail with a confirmation right away. I hung up and waited, nothing. That was 4 hours ago. So I guess I’ll just have to take her world for that I don’t need a print out.

Daisy is napping on my lap right now. Last night she slept in my bag on top of my half done packing. I don’t know that her pea size cat brain can comprehend that I’m packing up to leave her. And I’m sure she’ll be fine. I just feel bad, wish I could explain the concept of vacation to her, that I’m coming back.

Tomorrow will be a long day morphing into another long day. But to keep it positive I don’t have any crazy long layovers this time. Not like the time I sat in Denver for 7 hours before flying to Frankfurt where I waited 9 hours. Not like the 13 hours Dylan spent in Madrid. I shouldn’t complain. I just hope there are no delays.

So weird to be going home. It’s been so long. So long Pokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment